The school follows the system laid down by the CBSE Board, New Delhi, Here the CCE System (Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation) is implemented, under which promotion is based on day-to-day activity of the children throughout the year, and their performance in the terminal exams also. The children's are given grade instead of marks. The children are tested in a host of modes; written tests, observation, questioning techniques, quizzing, seminars, group discussions, orals, class work, home work, project work, interviews, practical's etc and their overall performance is rated.
Students are tested for co-scholastic abilities like Life skill, Social and emotional skills, moral values, school program, environment, sports and club activities
- There will be a unit test in each subject after the completion of each unit. These test will be in both oral and written.
- The examinations for the first and second semester will conducted as per the norms.
- It is compulsory for every student to be present to all the tests and examinations. If they cannot attend due to illness an application in writing for medical leave accompanied with the certificate issued by the Reg. Medical practitioner should be submitted to the Headmaster on the first day of the test/ examination personally without fail. If not they will be marked as absent. Re-test will be conducted to such students who were absent on medical reasons.
- Students those who have not paid fees will not be allowed to appear for examination.
- The rules for promotion prescribed by the Dept. of Education are followed.
Continous Comphrehensive Evaluation: (CCE) Curriculum
- CCE is a continuous and comprehensive evaluation methodology. It looks, through not only academic development but also overall growth of the student. School has identified all the aspects of CCE and adopted them in the day today sessions and activities of the school, which is reflected in this progress card. Every examination includes not only pen paper test but also other compulsory evaluation as outlined below and also in Progress Card.
- HOME WORK: timely submission, neatness etc. Project work and Activities (Individually/Group): Involvement, seeking parent support, finishing, etc. such many points are considered.
- Languages: CBSE has stressed upon LSRW methodology. These tasks are conducted in a 6 to 8 cycles throughout the year and are included as 50% in SA I (i.e. FA I 10% + FA II 10% + SA I 30%) And SA 2 (i.e. FA III 10% + FA IV 10% + SA II 30%). For Math and EVS also same procedure is adopted.
- Life skills: Punctuality, confidence, caring for others, etc. and Attitudes towards teachers, fellow students, school properties, etc. such life skills are also continuously evaluated. Many a time students will not be knowing that they are being evaluated.
- Visual and Performing Arts: Sports and Field visits: School conducts lot of cultural activities such as festivals, national days and many other such events. Apart from this field visits, sports activities are also regularly conducted throughout the year. Every student has to participate in these activities because they are also evaluated.
Parents are requested to note down these all points and tune your wards accordingly.
CBSE CLASS 10th (SSLC) Examination Scheme
It has 5 mandatory subjects namely Mathematics, Science and Social Science, Hindi, English, and 3rd Language Kannada / Sanskrit. Maximum marks for each subject is 100 in which 80 Theory and 20 marks for Practical. Students have to obtain minimum 33% marks separately in practical and theory. Exam time table will be issued in the month of January . It is available on CBSE PORTAL WEBSITE.